Salt’s mobile network ranked first in Switzerland in November 2021
December 15, 2021
In November 2021, Salt’s mobile network was ranked number one among its national competitors and 4th out of 71 tested operators on a global scale with a total of 41 885 points by 5GMark, a renowned international mobile performance test platform.
PCtipp recommends Salt Home to all TV fans
December 14, 2021
PCtipp, a Swiss PC magazine which offers comprehensive support and information for PC, tablet and smartphone, compared the best combi-packages for internet, TV and fixed telephony in Switzerland and selected the Salt Home triple play solution as their recommendation for TV fans.
Premium quality network: Salt network improved 4th consecutive year in a row
November 30, 2021
The 28th edition of the connect mobile network test again confirms that Swiss consumers enjoy an outstanding service quality compared to neighbouring countries and that Salt provides top-level mobile services in Switzerland.
2021 Q3 Financial Results
November 26th, 2021
Strong revenue growth and continued positive trend in subscribers in mobile and broadband
- Continued positive trend in mobile subscribers with +18,600 in B-to-C and B-to-B postpaid net adds and the exceeding of 150,000 subscribers mark in ultrafast broadband in Q3
- Financial performance significantly above market with Operating Revenue up 6.8% YoY to CHF 244.1m, and EBITDA up 6.3% to 118.7m; supported by subscriber growth and roaming recovery
- Further improvements to service and product offering with modernization of e-shop and self-service platform for retail customers and launch of Salt Mobile PRO, the new first-class service and network solution at economy rates for SOHO businesses
- Salt Home offer confirmed as best value for money in Switzerland; broadband service hotline ranked first in the DACH region for the fourth consecutive year
- Successful launch of purely digital offer GoMo to strengthen the brand portfolio
Fastest Fixed Internet in Switzerland now even better Fiber Box X6 and state of the art Wi-Fi Box
November 24, 2021
On November 24 2021, Salt opens new Wi-Fi 6 certified fiber optic box for its unique Salt Home FTTH (Fiber To The Home) product to all customers and introduces a state of the art Wi-Fi mesh (extender) solution – the Wi-Fi Box - to guarantee a seamless surfing experience throughout the entire home.
Salt Mobile PRO - the new first class service and network solution for business customers at economy rates
November 2nd, 2021
After over 100’000 business customers have already chosen Salt as their mobile provider, the company aims to further accelerate its successful growth in the B2B segment and is launching a new attractive product portfolio with a unique value proposition: Salt Mobile PRO. The new portfolio comes with an enhanced service proposition with a dedicated Salt Business advisor as single point of contact, maximum speeds and 5G-services in Switzerland and abroad, premium international routing and roaming as well as a best price guarantee.
Salt Home – The Very Best Value for Money Offer Delivering Ultra-Fast Internet, TV & Mobile across Switzerland
October 7th, 2021
On October 7, 2021, a tariff comparison published by dschungelkompass.ch revealed that Salt offers the best price for Internet, TV and Mobile products. This announcement comes a few weeks after the company’s nomination as best universal provider by BILANZ Magazine.
Salt Home service hotline number one in DACH for the fourth consecutive year
September 1st, 2021
Salt was ranked first in service for its broadband service hotline by connect. The operator outperformed its competitors and ranked overall winner in the three-country comparison. Salt has therefore won all corresponding awards since it entered the broadband market in March 2018.
Salt Business ranked number one among nationwide carriers for SME
August 31, 2021
Salt Business has been voted number one for mobile communication among Swiss mobile network operators by SME customers in a survey conducted by PME Magazine.
On Wednesday August 25, PME Magazine, a business magazine for small and medium-sized enterprises in the French-speaking part of Switzerland, published a customer feedback-based study, which ranks the best telecom service providers for the segment. The major 2021 PME Magazine telecom study outcome was that small and medium-sized companies prefer to work with telecom operators of the same size, closer to their concerns, more flexible and with personalized support.
2021 Q2 Financial Results
August 27th, 2021
Continued positive trend in subscriber growth in mobile and broadband - Strong financial performance
- Continued positive trend in mobile subscribers with +15’200 B-to-C and B-to-B postpaid net adds in Q2 and strong momentum in ultrafast broadband
- Strong financial performance with Operating Revenue up 4.9% YoY to 228.8m, and EBITDA up 11.8% to 112.9m; supported by roaming recovery
- After several excellent ratings for its performance and service, Salt also ranked number one for private customers among universal providers in the telecom survey of the Swiss business magazine BILANZ
Salt number one for Mobile and Home
August 26, 2021
On August 26, 2021, the Swiss business magazine BILANZ published the 22nd edition of its telecom ranking. Among all Swiss carriers, Salt was voted best universal provider for private customers.
This year again, around 8500 private and 1000 business customers evaluated their experiences with their telecommunications providers in the prominent BILANZ telecom rating. While Salt ranked number one for private customers among providers offering both mobile and home products, the company was also able to improve its results in the SME category, reaching the second position in this year’s ranking. These survey results are further testimony of the company’s performance and service quality resulting from continuous investments.
1st Quarter 2021 Financial Results
May 26th, 2021
- Accelerating growth with +18’700 mobile postpaid net adds in Q1, strong momentum in Salt ultrafast broadband Home product and more than 100’000 mobile subscribers in B-to-B
- Operating Revenue up 1.6% to 227.9m
- Positive operational EBITDA evolution YoY. However, phasing of delivery of handset supply from Q4 led to EBITDA of CHF 99.1m, down 3.1% )
- FTTH partnership with Swisscom, in combination with current agreements, expands footprint of Salt’s ultrafast broadband Home product to 3 million households by 2025 and establishes Salt as fully convergent national player with considerable growth potential
- Independent tests confirm high quality of Salt’s products and service: fastest broadband connection in the world according to Ookla Speedtest* and first in service in the DACH region for the mobile service hotline according to “connect”
Salt ultrafast broadband available nationwide by 2025
April 29th, 2021
Salt invests in long-term partnership with Swisscom to expand Salt Home FTTH footprint and digitalize Switzerland
Salt and Swisscom today announced to enter a long-term partnership on Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) in Switzerland. This partnership, in combination with existing agreements and the recently launched Gigabox will allow Salt to provide its Salt Home product nationwide by 2025.The new set up establishes Salt as a fully convergent national telecom player and significantly contributes to the digitalization of Switzerland.
Salt - First in service among all operators in Switzerland, Germany and Austria
March 30th, 2021
Salt was ranked first in service for its mobile service hotline by connect. The operator outperformed its competitors and was the overall winner in the three-country comparison, reaching a “very good” ranking for the third year in a row. Together with the broadband hotline test award from last August, Salt is now number one in service for mobile and broadband products in the DACH region
On March 30, the German magazine “connect” published its yearly service hotline ranking for mobile telecommunication providers in the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) and Salt was ranked first among all operators in the region. The evaluation was based on reachability, waiting time, friendliness and the quality of advice and counselling provided.
Salt – 2020 Full-year results
March 25th, 2021
Strong results in a challenging year – continued growth momentum with highest net adds in years in Mobile, Home and B-to-B – independent tests confirm excellent performance of mobile network and fixed internet connection
- Accelerated growth momentum in 2020: +19’900 mobile postpaid net adds in Q4 and strong momentum in Salt Home with best year since product launch
- Underlying operating revenue growth offset by decrease in roaming revenue due to COVID-19; in 2020, operating revenue was CHF 914.7m down 0.2%; Q4: CHF 235.7m, up 0.5% (1)
- Stable EBITDA in 2020 despite COVID-19 impact of CHF 413.7m; Q4: CHF 98.7m, down 1.8%(1)
- Excellent independent test results in Mobile and Home with fastest broadband connection in the world according to Ookla Speedtest
- Positive momentum on customer satisfaction with biggest increase in Mobile net promoter score (NPS), as well as highest NPS overall in Home, according to STAMP report by Exane BNP Paribas Research
- Marc Furrer, former President of the Federal Communications Commission and Director of the Federal Office of Communications, to be appointed Chairman of the Board
Switzerland at the Top with Salt Fastest Fixed Internet connection in the World
Feb. 16th, 2021
Salt Home provides the fastest Fixed Internet Connexion worldwide*. This is the result from real user tests taken with Speedtest® by Ookla® in the second half of 2020. Salt’s FTTH (Fiber to the Home) based solution delivered the highest speed among all fixed internet connection providers globally, leaving the Swiss competitors far behind.
Ookla, the worldwide leader in internet testing and analysis, compared the results of millions of consumer-initiated tests taken on Ookla’s Speedtest application connected to a fixed network, including tests taken on mobile phones over a Wi-Fi connection. Over ten million tests are performed daily. In the second half of 2020, Salt customers registered the highest Speed Score™ among all operators worldwide. On a national level, Salt’s Speed Score was almost twice as high as its nearest competitor.
Salt Home - fastest Internet in Switzerland for the third year in a row
Jan. 25th, 2021
Salt Home offers the best internet performance in Switzerland. This is the result of the annual nPerf barometer of fixed internet connections in Switzerland. Salt Home significantly outperformed the competition on all criteria, download and upload speed as well as latency. The performance of Salt Home is unbeaten since its launch in March 2018.
nPerf, a global provider of internet performance tests, published its annual barometer of fixed internet connections for Switzerland, based on over 110’000 connection tests, performed by its users throughout 2020. The result was very clear: Salt’s product remains the fastest. For the third time in a row, Salt Home outperformed its competition by far. Salt’s FTTH solution based on XGS-PON technology achieved record results in terms of download, upload and latency score.
Salt Home now available via Fixed Wireless Access
Jan. 19th, 2021
Salt launches the Gigabox, a Fixed Wireless Access solution, thereby increasing the number of households eligible for its unique Salt Home offer, available for CHF 39.95* per month, to more than 2 million.
The Salt “Gigabox” offers an alternative to a fiber optic internet connection using the Salt 5G and 4G+ Mobile Network. Available for the first time in Switzerland for residential customers, the Gigabox solution combines an outdoor 4G&5G antenna with a new generation router with Wi-Fi 6 technology. Thanks to this unique solution, which is easy to install at any home, customers will benefit from an excellent indoor reception and will be able to reach download speeds up to 1Gbit/sec over the 5G mobile network and up to 400Mb/sec over the 4G+ network.