1st Quarter 2021 Financial Results
May 26th, 2021
- Accelerating growth with +18’700 mobile postpaid net adds in Q1, strong momentum in Salt ultrafast broadband Home product and more than 100’000 mobile subscribers in B-to-B
- Operating Revenue up 1.6% to 227.9m
- Positive operational EBITDA evolution YoY. However, phasing of delivery of handset supply from Q4 led to EBITDA of CHF 99.1m, down 3.1% )
- FTTH partnership with Swisscom, in combination with current agreements, expands footprint of Salt’s ultrafast broadband Home product to 3 million households by 2025 and establishes Salt as fully convergent national player with considerable growth potential
- Independent tests confirm high quality of Salt’s products and service: fastest broadband connection in the world according to Ookla Speedtest* and first in service in the DACH region for the mobile service hotline according to “connect”
Salt ultrafast broadband available nationwide by 2025
April 29th, 2021
Salt invests in long-term partnership with Swisscom to expand Salt Home FTTH footprint and digitalize Switzerland
Salt and Swisscom today announced to enter a long-term partnership on Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) in Switzerland. This partnership, in combination with existing agreements and the recently launched Gigabox will allow Salt to provide its Salt Home product nationwide by 2025.The new set up establishes Salt as a fully convergent national telecom player and significantly contributes to the digitalization of Switzerland.
Salt - First in service among all operators in Switzerland, Germany and Austria
March 30th, 2021
Salt was ranked first in service for its mobile service hotline by connect. The operator outperformed its competitors and was the overall winner in the three-country comparison, reaching a “very good” ranking for the third year in a row. Together with the broadband hotline test award from last August, Salt is now number one in service for mobile and broadband products in the DACH region
On March 30, the German magazine “connect” published its yearly service hotline ranking for mobile telecommunication providers in the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) and Salt was ranked first among all operators in the region. The evaluation was based on reachability, waiting time, friendliness and the quality of advice and counselling provided.
Salt – 2020 Full-year results
March 25th, 2021
Strong results in a challenging year – continued growth momentum with highest net adds in years in Mobile, Home and B-to-B – independent tests confirm excellent performance of mobile network and fixed internet connection
- Accelerated growth momentum in 2020: +19’900 mobile postpaid net adds in Q4 and strong momentum in Salt Home with best year since product launch
- Underlying operating revenue growth offset by decrease in roaming revenue due to COVID-19; in 2020, operating revenue was CHF 914.7m down 0.2%; Q4: CHF 235.7m, up 0.5% (1)
- Stable EBITDA in 2020 despite COVID-19 impact of CHF 413.7m; Q4: CHF 98.7m, down 1.8%(1)
- Excellent independent test results in Mobile and Home with fastest broadband connection in the world according to Ookla Speedtest
- Positive momentum on customer satisfaction with biggest increase in Mobile net promoter score (NPS), as well as highest NPS overall in Home, according to STAMP report by Exane BNP Paribas Research
- Marc Furrer, former President of the Federal Communications Commission and Director of the Federal Office of Communications, to be appointed Chairman of the Board
Switzerland at the Top with Salt Fastest Fixed Internet connection in the World
Feb. 16th, 2021
Salt Home provides the fastest Fixed Internet Connexion worldwide*. This is the result from real user tests taken with Speedtest® by Ookla® in the second half of 2020. Salt’s FTTH (Fiber to the Home) based solution delivered the highest speed among all fixed internet connection providers globally, leaving the Swiss competitors far behind.
Ookla, the worldwide leader in internet testing and analysis, compared the results of millions of consumer-initiated tests taken on Ookla’s Speedtest application connected to a fixed network, including tests taken on mobile phones over a Wi-Fi connection. Over ten million tests are performed daily. In the second half of 2020, Salt customers registered the highest Speed Score™ among all operators worldwide. On a national level, Salt’s Speed Score was almost twice as high as its nearest competitor.
Salt Home - fastest Internet in Switzerland for the third year in a row
Jan. 25th, 2021
Salt Home offers the best internet performance in Switzerland. This is the result of the annual nPerf barometer of fixed internet connections in Switzerland. Salt Home significantly outperformed the competition on all criteria, download and upload speed as well as latency. The performance of Salt Home is unbeaten since its launch in March 2018.
nPerf, a global provider of internet performance tests, published its annual barometer of fixed internet connections for Switzerland, based on over 110’000 connection tests, performed by its users throughout 2020. The result was very clear: Salt’s product remains the fastest. For the third time in a row, Salt Home outperformed its competition by far. Salt’s FTTH solution based on XGS-PON technology achieved record results in terms of download, upload and latency score.
Salt Home now available via Fixed Wireless Access
Jan. 19th, 2021
Salt launches the Gigabox, a Fixed Wireless Access solution, thereby increasing the number of households eligible for its unique Salt Home offer, available for CHF 39.95* per month, to more than 2 million.
The Salt “Gigabox” offers an alternative to a fiber optic internet connection using the Salt 5G and 4G+ Mobile Network. Available for the first time in Switzerland for residential customers, the Gigabox solution combines an outdoor 4G&5G antenna with a new generation router with Wi-Fi 6 technology. Thanks to this unique solution, which is easy to install at any home, customers will benefit from an excellent indoor reception and will be able to reach download speeds up to 1Gbit/sec over the 5G mobile network and up to 400Mb/sec over the 4G+ network.