Activate your eSIM on your phone.
What is an eSIM?
- The “e” stands for embedded, meaning that the SIM card is integrated into the device and cannot be removed.
- The manufacturer (such as Apple, Samsung, etc.) installs the eSIM chip directly into the smartphone, tablet or smartwatch.
- Salt subsequently uploads the eSIM profile to the device, including data about the subscription and telephone number etc. This means that a physical SIM card is no longer necessary.
- eSIM are available in all the Salt Stores as an eSIM voucher (see picture below). The standard activation fees of CHF 59.- apply.
Benefits of an eSIM ?
One device, multiple numbers.
Be able to use two phone numbers on the same smartphone. Easily switch between your professional and personal line.
Connecting to Salt Network has never been so easy. Just download your eSim profile and you're good to go.
No more useless plastic.
No plastic anymore. Your eSIM comes in a paper voucher.
Is your device compatible?
|iPhone XR||Galaxy S20 5G||Oppo Find X3 Pro|
|iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max||Galaxy S20+|
|iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone Pro Max||Galaxy S20 Ultra|
|iPhone SE 2020 (launched in April 2020)||Galaxy S21|
|iPhone 12||Galaxy S21+|
|iPhone 12 Mini||Galaxy S21 Ultra|
|iPhone 12 Pro||Galaxy Z Flip|
|iPhone 12 Pro Max||Galaxy Z Flip 5G|
|Apple iPad Air, 8th generation (2020)||Galaxy Z Fold 5G|
|iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Mini, Pro and Pro Max|
The other devices aren't yet compatible with eSIM technology.
How to activate?
Before starting, make sure that your device has access to the internet. It can be over a Wifi network or if a Nano SIM is active in the device you can use the mobile data access. This internet access is required to download the eSIM profile on the iPhone.
In case of SIM swap from a Salt Nano SIM to a Salt eSIM, don’t forget to remove the deactivated Nano SIM. If you keep the Nano SIM in the device, the iPhone will try to use this Nano SIM to connect to the Salt Network and this will not work since the Nano SIM has been deactivated. The activated eSIM can be downloaded over a Wifi network.
1. Go to "Settings"
2. Select "Mobile Data"
3. Tap "Add Data Plan"
4. Scan the QR code on the Salt eSIM voucher
5. Tap "Add Data Plan"
6. Tap "OK" on Uncertified Data Plan message*
For mor information, see the Apple instructions
1. Go to settings and then connections
2. Tap on SIM card manager
3. Select add mobile plan
4. Your Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra will then automatically sear for an active network plan
5. Go at the bottom of the page 'Other ways to add plans' and choose " Add using QR code"
6. Position the QR code within the guided lines to scan it
7. Once the Salt plan has been detected, tap on Add
8. When your plan has registered, select OK to turn on the plan
9. Once you have activated your eSIM, you can view it in SIM card manager
Most asked questions.
By default, the SIM PIN is deactivated on the eSIM. However, it can be reactivated if necessary. You will find the PIN on the eSIM profile voucher. You can activate the PIN in the device settings. The PIN can be changed after you have entered it for the first time.
If you wish to sell or give away an eSIM device, reset all the device settings. This will delete the eSIM profile.
- Open the settings on your device.
- Select “General” > “Reset” and click “Delete settings & contents”.
Yes, it is easy to switch to an eSIM as long as your device supports the eSIM function. You can keep your current telephone number. You can get an eSIM in all our Salt Stores for the price of CHF 59.-
For information about how to use the dual SIM function on the iPhone XR/XS/XS Max/11/11Pro/11ProMax contact Apple.
WhatsApp works in the same way with the eSIM as it does with a conventional SIM card. However, if WhatsApp is used with a dual SIM, you can only register and use one telephone number for WhatsApp on the device.
Mobile ID is currently not available with an eSIM.
Yes, eSIM is available in the same way as the physical SIM card for prepaid customers of Salt.